Thursday, October 22, 2009

Week 8 Post: LoC Teaching w/ Primary Sources

I found a cool link on the Library of Congress site for teaching with primary resources: http://www.americaslibrary.gov/cgi-bin/page.cgi/jp/celebrate

I can definitely use this link to guide my students in comparing/contrasting American holidays and celebrations to those of Hispanic cultures for my foreign language classroom.   I was searching for more visual social tech sources for my classroom, and this was a good spot!  If you click on the circle links at the top of the page, you can also find accompanying bios, timelimes, geography sources, links on pastimes/hobbies, and music and video clips! I also like how the text that accompanies the photo sources is student-friendly.  Also applicable for social studies and English content areas.  Check it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment